The Preventive Medicine Department is a multi-disciplinary area involved in healthcare, education, and methodological and epidemiological support.
Our activity includes:
Smoking Cessation Unit: We offer multi-component, individualised treatment and continued monitoring to our population, along with promotional and educational work related to health.
International Health Unit: We offer personalised advice on vaccines, prophylaxis for malaria, and preventive measures. Accredited by the Foreign Health Department.
Head of Service
Head of Nursing Area
International Health Unit
- A centre of reference for the Southern Metropolitan Region.
- Accredited by the Ministry of Health and Social Policies to administer the yellow fever vaccine (5 units in Catalonia).
- Collaboration with the University of Cochabamba in Bolivia (research and training) and with the Government of Angola (training).
Smoking Cessation Unit
- The team at the Smoking Cessation Unit is available to visit patients admitted to hospital who want to stop smoking. Just ask for a cross-consultation with our medical team and we will visit you within 24 hours.
- Visits can be scheduled online. Send an e-mail with your details (full name, address, date of birth and the ID number on your CatSalut card).
Master's degrees and accredited courses
Main Building at Bellvitge University Hospital
c/ Feixa Llarga, sn.
08907 L’Hospitalet de Llobregat. Barcelona
Telephone number 93 260 75 57 (from monday to friday de 8-15h)
Information and request for visits