In line with current technological advances, the Bellvitge Hospital gynecology service has been focusing its care and surgical activity on the most innovative minimally invasive techniques for the benefit of patients, achieving objectives that are materialized in the reduction of the lists of surgical wait, shorter hospital stay, decrease in post-operative complications and overall satisfaction of the patient during the diagnostic-therapeutic process.
Recognized leadership at national and international level in gynecological robotic surgery.
Development and coordination of multicenter studies based on novel techniques that allow minimally invasive treatments for the benefit of patients with fewer complications and greater preservation of fertility.
Functional reproductive surgery for resolution of benign and malignant gynecological pathologies.
Head of Service
Head of Section
- Highly complex oncological surgery with a conventional, endoscopic or robotic approach
- Breast cancer surgery and oncoplastic reconstruction techniques
- Surgery to repair the states of relaxation of the pelvic floor and urinary incontinence
- Minimally invasive early diagnosis and treatment of precancerous lesions of the lower genital tract
- Surgery for benign or high-risk adnexal lesions
- Puncture and sclerosis of simple ovarian cysts and endometriomas
- Treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids. Myomectomies
- Reproductive functional surgery
- Hysteroscopic diagnosis and treatment of endometrial lesions
- Prophylactic surgery in genetic pathology of high risk of gynecological cancer
- Angiographic treatments of gynecological vascular disease
- MIR training in the specialty of gynaecology
- Hosting of numerous external rotating nationals of the specialty
- Undergraduate teaching in 6th year of medicine (Universitat de Barcelona)
- Master in Advanced Medical Competences in the specialty of: Oncological gynaecology and multidisciplinary breast pathology
- Bellvitge International Gynaecological Surgery Course
- Bellvitge International Breast Cancer Surgery Course
- Teaching at the Academy of Medical Sciences of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands
Main Building at Bellvitge University Hospital
c/ Feixa Llarga, sn.
08907 L’Hospitalet de Llobregat. Barcelona
Telephone number 93 260 76 95