The Col·legi Oficial de Metges de Barcelona (Barcelona Medical Association) has announced the recipients of the annual Professional Excellence Awards, which will be presented on November 27. Among this year's award winners are five doctors from Bellvitge University Hospital and an additional five from the South Metropolitan Primary Care
The awarded from the Bellvitge University Hospital are:
- M. del Pino Alonso Ortega, head of the Psychiatry Service, in the category of Other Care Areas.
- Isabel Català Costa, head of section of the Anatomical Pathology Service until her retirement, in the category of Medical Education.
- Montserrat Figuerola Batista, manager of the Southern Metropolitan Area of the ICS until her retirement, in the category of Humanities, Cooperation, and Management.
- Francesc Formiga Pérez, from the Internal Medicine Service, in the Biomedical Research category.
- Andreu Gabarrós Canals, head of the Neurosurgery Service, in the category of Hospital Care Medicine.
The following professionals from South Metropolitan Primary Care will also receive the award:
M. Dolors Daura Lobo, from the CAP Sant Sadurní d'Anoia, in the category of Primary Care Medicine.
Laura Freixedas Berges, from the EAP Penedès Rural / Alt Penedès, in the category of Primary Care Medicine.
Mercedes Liras García, from PADES SAP Delta, in the category of Other Care Areas.
Yolanda Randó Matos, from CAP Florida / L'Hospitalet, in the category of Primary Care Medicine.
M. Eugènia Rigual Ros, from the EAP Ribes - Olivella, in the category of Primary Care Medicine.
The awards ceremony will take place on 27 November at the Axa Auditorium.