The Infectious Diseases Unit was established at the end of 1976 as part of the Medicine Department, and has been an independent medical department since 1991.
Its main goals are: to provide quality care to patients with complex community and nosocomial infections; to provide specialist support to the other departments; to help control hospital infection and the rational use of antibiotics; to provide degree and post-graduate education, and to conduct research projects on infectious diseases.
More information: HIV and STD unit at the University
Head of Service
Head of Section
Head of Nursing Area
Most noteworthy procedures
- Multi-drug-resistant tuberculosis.
- Multi-drug-resistant HIV infection.
- Prosthetic valve endocarditis and other intravascular prosthetic infections.
- Prosthetic joint infections.
- Diagnosis and treatment of emergent viral infections.
- Treatment of systematic infections from emergent fungi.
Main Building at Bellvitge University Hospital
c/ Feixa Llarga, sn.
08907 Hospitalet de Llobregat. Barcelona