The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the visit systems and protocols at Bellvitge University Hospital. In this new scenario, patients who have to see a doctor or be tested must adhere to hygiene and social distancing measures to prevent further coronavirus infections:
- Accompanying persons are not allowed (only in cases of disabled people or under clinical criteria).
- You have to arrive at the time of the visit; not before. Crowding should be avoided.
- You must wear a surgical mask (if you do not have one, the centre will provide it).
- Hand hygiene with hydroalcoholic solution must be ensured when entering the building.
- The safety distance at counters and in waiting rooms must be observed.
- Bellvitge University Hospital boasts several devices, depending on the care the patient needs.
- The Outpatient Consultation building has 140 examination rooms, 4 outpatient operating rooms for minor surgeries and a Medical Day Hospital with 8 healthcare points, where diabetic patients are cared for and allergy tests are also performed. It features all medical and surgical specialties, except Obstetrics and Paediatrics.
Visiting hours: from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Thursday. From 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Fridays.
Cancellation or rescheduling a visit: By phone: 93 260 70 83, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Hospital specialists also travel to perform specialised outpatient consultations (CAEs) at the Just Oliveras Primary Care Centre in L'Hospitalet and at three Prat de Llobregat Primary Care Centres.
- The Medical Day Hospital boasts 42 healthcare points with a wide service portfolio for outpatient treatment of multiple sclerosis, neurology and heart failure, among others, and 10 medical consulting rooms (COPD, pulmonary fibrosis, allergy, heart failure, inflammatory bowel disease and complex chronic patients).
To access the Medical Day Hospital you must enter through the main door and go to the 1st floor. Once there, walk down the corridor to Module A (red) of the technical and surgical building.
Opening hours: from 7.30 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Bellvitge Hospital features different examination rooms, where diagnostic and therapeutic tests and treatments are performed. Depending on the test you have to undergo, you will have to go to one place or another.
- Digestive and respiratory endoscopy. Module C (blue) 1st floor of the technical and surgical building. Entrance through the hospital’s main door.
- Bone densitometry. Non-invasive cardiology unit. Vascular Diagnosis Laboratory. Respiratory Functional Exploration. Module D (green) 1st floor of the technical and surgical building. Entrance through the hospital’s main door.
- Multiple Sclerosis Unit. Neurophysiology Unit. Neurovascular. Module E (orange). 1st floor of the technical and surgical building. Entrance through the hospital’s main door.
- Elastrograph imaging. Breath test. –1 floor of the main building. Entrance through the main door.
Opening hours: from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., Monday through Thursday. From 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Fridays.
Cancellation or rescheduling tests: Phone 93 260 70 83
- Bellvitge University Hospital features a diagnostic imaging service, which is equipped with state-of-the-art technology to meet the diagnostic and therapeutic needs of the patients we serve.
- It is located on the ground floor of the main building. Entrance is through access 2, next to the main door.